Boating safety and facilities program
The Boating Safety and Facilities Program (BSFP) offers grant-based funding opportunities across four categories: boating infrastructure, master planning for significant boating projects, search and rescue and aids to navigation.
Applications for the 2018-19 round open soon.
Applying for funding
Boating and community groups, search and rescue organisations, local waterway authorities, government agencies and committees of management are encouraged to apply for grant-based funding under the Boating Safety and Facilities Program. The information booklet provides an overview of the program.
The 2018-19 grant recipients will receive a funding agreement depending on the value of the grant. Short-form agreements will be applicable for all individual grants valued at $150,000 (ex GST) or less. Long-form agreements will be applicable for all individual grants valued at more than $150,000 (ex GST).
The checklist below will ensure you have done everything required for your application to be considered.
- ensure you are eligible for the category in which you wish to apply
- ensure your application meets one or more of the objectives of the Boating Safety and Facilities Program
- ensure your application meets the assessment criteria
- complete and authorise the Specific Category Application Form of interest to you
- provide all required supporting information, and any other information that will assist in the assessment of the application, including the required number of quotations/estimates
- have an ABN, ACN or apply or apply via a third party "auspice"
- provide the cost estimates for the project as required for each project application (exclusive of GST).
For more information about the BSFP, phone 1800 337 222 or email [email protected]