Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom, with an $90 billion investment delivering over 165 major road and rail projects across the state.
Highlights of Victoria’s Big Build program include:
- Victoria’s biggest public transport project, the Metro Tunnel
- Victoria’s biggest ever commitment to remove level crossings
- Victoria’s Regional Rail Revival package
- A second major road connection from the west, the West Gate Tunnel
- Victoria’s biggest road tunnel, the North East Link
- Major upgrades to some of our busiest freeways, including the M80, CityLink, Tullamarine and Monash
- Upgrades to priority roads in Melbourne’s outer west, north and south-eastern suburbs
- Connecting Melbourne Airport to all metropolitan and regional rail lines
- Faster, high-capacity rail for our growing western suburbs and regional cities.
Victoria’s commitment to delivering major transport infrastructure in tandem with service reforms, new technology, and development in policy will help us create connected communities and transform the way we travel.