We’re introducing changes to clearways to help traffic flow smoothly on Melbourne’s busy roads.
On this page:
- Stronger enforcement of clearways and tow-away zones
- Has your vehicle been towed?
- Pay your fine
- Request a payment extension
- Legal assistance
- Interpreting service
- Request an internal review
- Request to have the matter heard in court
- Contact us
Stronger enforcement of clearways and tow-away zones
It is an offence to park in a clearway and tow-away zone during restricted times. Drivers parking illegally in a tow-away zone will have their vehicles towed away and will receive a parking fine in addition to the current impound fee.
The clearway sign will show the times of operation. If there are no times on the sign, the clearway applies 24 hours a day.
Please do the right thing and keep clearways clear. Find out more about clearway changes.
Has your vehicle been towed?
If your vehicle has been towed by Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd, a report of non-compliance will be forwarded to the Department of Transport for review.
The Department will review the Nationwide Towing & Transport report and may issue either:
- Court summons
- No further action.
Pay your fine
You can pay your fine in full in the following ways:
- Online: Secure credit card payment can be made online through the Victorian State Government payment website.
- By phone: Call 1300 303 505 to make a payment over the phone. This pay-by-phone service only accepts credit card payments.
- By Mail : Include payment slip with non-negotiable cheque or money order (do not send cash) made payable to:
Transport Regulatory Operations
GPO box 2392
Melbourne Vic 3001
For any enquiries, please email [email protected].
Request a payment extension
If you are unable to pay a fine by the due date, you may ask for an extension to the deadline.
Payment extension requests can be submitted via email and must include:
- infringement number
- reason for requesting an extension
- contact number
If you would like to apply for an extension, please email [email protected].
If you require an interpreting service, please telephone 13 14 50 or visit the Translating and Interpreting Service website for more information.
Request an internal review
You may apply to the Department for an internal review for several reasons.
Request to have the matter heard in court
If you wish to elect to have your matter dealt with via the Magistrates' court, you must do so prior to your due date.
Phone: 1300 135 066
Email: [email protected]
Department of Transport
Transport Regulatory Operations Branch
Clearway Infringements Team
GPO Box 2392
MELBOURNE VIC 3001