VISTA data and publications
To help understand and improve our transport systems, we make VISTA survey data available to the public, transport researchers, local councils and consultants working for the Victorian Government.
VISTA 2013 data
A total of 5,780 households and 14,520 people contributed to the latest VISTA survey which was conducted over the 2012-2013 financial year.
Households across Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Latrobe and Shepparton completed a travel diary on a single specified day as part of the survey.
A number of fact sheets containing information and results from the 2013 survey are available on this page.
More detailed findings are available via an interactive data visualisation tool that allows users to explore VISTA 2013 data.
A selection of publications relating to VISTA are available below.
Previous VISTA data
You can download data from the 2007 and 2009 surveys below:
2013 VISTA survey publications
- An overview of travel in Victoria (PDF 236.47 KB)
- An overview of travel in Victoria (DOCX 302.63 KB)
- Travel in metropolitan Melbourne (PDF 274.86 KB)
- Travel in metropolitan Melbourne (DOCX 282.46 KB)
- Travel in regional Victoria (PDF 257.85 KB)
- Travel in regional Victoria (DOCX 297.2 KB)