Wild weather affects transport network
There are multiple disruptions across the transport network with trees down and power outages.
Multiple trees are down affecting the public transport network.
Buses are replacing trains on sections of the Mernda, Glen Waverley, Hurstbridge, Upfield, Sandringham, Alamein, Belgrave/Lilydale, Craigieburn, Werribee/Williamstown and Sunbury lines.
There are multiple disruptions on the tram network.
On the V/Line network, there are disruptions to the Warrnambool line, Bendigo/Swan Hill/Echuca lines.
The Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines are suspended.
Coaches are replacing trains on the Seymour/Shepparton lines between Seymour and Melbourne.
Motorists are urged to avoid travel if they can. For essential journeys, please slow down and use extreme care.
There are still hundreds of traffic lights out across the state due to power outages.
Speeds have been reduced to 40km/h across the West Gate Bridge due to the high winds. Please obey all overhead signage.
A large tree is blocking Dundas Street, Rosebud.
Gembrook Road, Pakenham Upper is closed due to fallen trees.
Heatherton Road, Springvale South blocked eastbound at View Road due to a tree down on the road.
Barwon Heads Road, Barwon Heads is blocked both ways near Golf Links Road due to a number of trees down.
Coolart Road, Bittern is closed with multiple trees across the road. Use Frankston-Flinders Road instead.
Other roads impacted by weather include Main Road, Eltham, Plenty Road, Reservoir, Springvale Road, Springvale, Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe.
On regional roads:
- The Myrniong – Trentham Road is closed due to power lines down.
- Healesville-Kinglake Road has been closed between the Melba Highway and Kinglake township due to a number of trees down on the road.
- Tree branches have fallen across other roads around the Daylesford, Trentham, Ballan and Myrniong areas. While the roads in that area are open to traffic, please drive carefully and be patient as our crews work to clear debris.
- There are also road closures around the Maroondah Highway and northern Yarra Valley.
- Barwon Heads Road is closed between Blue Stone School Road and Golf Links Road and will remain closed for some time. Use the Bellarine Highway instead.
Crews are working to clear the roads as quickly as possible.
Due to power outages, many sets of traffic lights are out. Drive with care through all intersections.
With high winds expected to continue this morning, drivers should be vigilant on the roads and ensure nothing distracts their focus from the road. Deferring your travel may be the best option.
There is the potential for fallen power lines this morning. Should you encounter fallen power lines, stay well clear and immediately call Triple Zero.
For real-time traffic conditions, are visit traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au or the VicTraffic mobile app.