The Department of Transport unites all our transport experts and agencies to foster collaboration and integrated decision-making to meet the transport challenges facing Victoria.
DoT brings together:
- Transport for Victoria
- Public Transport Victoria
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria
- Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)
- Victorian Regional Channels Authority
- Port of Hastings Development Authority
- Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Gippsland Ports
- Transport Safety Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- Office of the Chief Investigator, Transport Safety
- Melbourne Port Lessor
The Department of Transport works closely with the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority that was established on 1 January 2019 to oversee the major transport projects in planning and construction.
The Authority is comprised of the following project teams:
- Level Crossing Removal Project
- North East Link Project
- West Gate Tunnel Project
- Major Road Projects Victoria
- Rail Projects Victoria
Head, Transport for Victoria
Transport for Victoria is led by the Head, Transport for Victoria, a statutory office established under the Transport Integration Act 2010.
The Head plays a key strategic role in ensuring Victoria’s growing transport system is integrated and coordinated.
The Department of Transport supports and provides advice to three transport sector ministers.
Minister for Transport Infrastructure, The Hon. Jacinta Allan MP
Minister for Public Transport, Ports and Freight, The Hon. Melissa Horne MP
Minister for Roads, Road Safety and TAC, Fishing and Boating, The Hon. Jaala Pulford MP
Ros Spence, Parliamentary Secretary for Road Infrastructure