Transport for Victoria brings Victoria’s sector transport agencies together under one umbrella. This coordinated approach fosters collaboration and integrated decision-making, and positions the government to meet the transport challenges facing Victoria.
The sector transport agencies brought together by Transport for Victoria are:
- Public Transport Victoria
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria
- Victorian Ports Corporation (Melbourne)
- Victorian Regional Channels Authority
- Port of Hastings Development Authority
While these individual sector transport agencies continue to be responsible for day-to-day operational matters in their respective sectors, Transport for Victoria connects these agencies to effectively plan for the future of Victoria’s transport system as a whole.
Head, Transport for Victoria
Transport for Victoria is led by the Head, Transport for Victoria – a statutory office within the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources. This office – established by the Transport Integration Act 2010 – is the state’s lead transport agency. It plays a key strategic role in ensuring Victoria’s growing transport system is integrated and coordinated.
Dr Gillian Miles is the Head, Transport for Victoria. Dr Miles has vast experience working in local and state government roles, including Lead Deputy Secretary – Transport in the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
Transport for Victoria also works closely with:
- the Office of the Coordinator General and its agencies delivering the government's Major Transport Infrastructure Program, namely:
- Rail Projects Victoria (delivering the Metro Rail Tunnel)
- Level Crossing Removal Authority
- Western Distributor Authority (delivering the West Gate Tunnel)
- North-East Link Authority
- Transport Safety Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- Melbourne Port Lessor
Transport for Victoria supports and provides advice to two transport sector ministers.
Minister for Public Transport, The Hon. Jacinta Allan MP