Data and publications
To help understand and improve our transport systems, we make VISTA survey data available to the public, transport researchers, local councils and consultants working for the Victorian Government.
A total of 18,152 households and 46, 562 people contributed to the latest VISTA survey, which was conducted over four financial years from 2012 to 2016.
Households across Melbourne and Geelong completed a travel diary on a single specified day as part of the 2012-2016 survey.
Ballarat, Bendigo, Latrobe and Shepparton households were also surveyed in 2012-2013.
VISTA surveys were also conducted in 2007 and 2009.
More detailed findings are available via an interactive data visualisation tool that allows users to explore data for all surveys going back to 2007.
You can download data from the 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2016 surveys below:
- VISTA online data CSV 2012-16 (ZIP 23607 KB)
- VISTA online data CSV 2009 (ZIP 10487 KB)
- VISTA online data CSV 2007 (ZIP 11362 KB)
2013 VISTA survey publications
- An overview of travel in Victoria (PDF 236.47 KB)
- An overview of travel in Victoria (DOCX 302.63 KB)
- Travel in metropolitan Melbourne (PDF 274.86 KB)
- Travel in metropolitan Melbourne (DOCX 282.46 KB)
- Travel in regional Victoria (PDF 257.85 KB)
- Travel in regional Victoria (DOCX 297.2 KB)